One of the commonest problem encountered by people who are professional runners, walkers, or who have to stand all day is heel pain. The term plantar fasciitis describes heel pain which results from the ligament which connects heel to toes gets inflamed. This inflammation causes pain in the heel, and the severity depends on the duration of inflammation and nature of the job. If the inflamed ligament is continuously kept on being irritated wither because of improper shoes which put pressure or because of not giving proper rest to the foot the pain ultimately worsens.
Plantar fasciitis pain is usually severe in the early morning which gets better with passing day. If you don’t care, it becomes badly severe at the end of the day. So, to facilitate the foot affected with plantar fasciitis the proper shoes are the foremost important thing. The shoe is the only component which can make your pain better or worse. You must go for the shoes with proper arch support and heel cushioning. We have listed the best shoes which can be used for plantar fasciitis without making the condition worse. These running shoes facilitate, you to move without experiencing heel pain.
1. OFFOS Unisex OOcloog Clog
The first shoe on our list of most comfortable shoe for plantar fasciitis is a clog style. If you want a slip-on style with high comfort and stability level than this OFFOS Clog is going to be the best pick for you. The supportive technology features used in this shoe alleviates the pain resulted due to plantar fasciitis. If you want to stand, run or want to go out for shopping on your foot than wearing this clog can allow you to have a pain free walking experience.
- The shoe or clog is made of premium-looking Nubuck leather with vented sides.
- The exceptionally comfortable OOfoam technology in the footbed allows alleviating heel pain while standing and moving.
- The footbed works to allow natural motion without straining joints and ligaments. It also provides perfect arch which keeps your foot in a position not to put excess pressure on heels.
- The shoe is made to highly shock absorber while giving perfect arch that your soreness in feet or joints alleviated while wearing this clog.
- The material is machine washable so no need to worry about the cleaning of the shoe.
2. ASICS Gel Nimbus 18
The next shoe best for plantar fasciitis is by ASICS. The Nimbus series by ASICS is known for providing the feet of the wearer exceptional comfort which they have ever dreamt of. The gel placements and comfort technology used in this Nimbus 18 shoe offer great walking and even running experience. The shoe is available for both genders.
- The shoe is made of synthetic material which is highly breathable and prevents your skin from getting irritated. The whole shoe is made seamless to offer more protection to the skin.
- The fluid fit ASICS technology combined with the synthetic mesh upper enhances the stretch and offers customized snug glove-like fit.
- The fluid ride technology cradles your feet while you take each step. It provides the highly comfortable bounce back as you stride along.
- The gel placements in the forefoot and rearfoot work to offer plush feeling throughout the day. It provides excellent impact absorption and allows smooth transitions.
- The special heel clutching system fits your heel in proper place and prevents its jerky slipping while running.
- The improved guidance technology guides your foot to stay in natural gait cycle without straining your joints.
3. New Balance M1540
Another well researched and reviewed shoe by our experts is New Balance M1540 (V1 for males and V2 for females). It also provides the cushioning support that plantar fasciitis affected foot needs. New balance is among the top-rated brands for producing high-quality, durable shoes providing the ultimate comfort level. It is also famous for making shoes specifically for common foot problems like Hallux rigidus limitus, Diabetic foot, plantar fasciitis and many others.
- The shoe is made of 75% synthetic and 25% mesh material to enhance its durability and breathability.
- The firm but comfy midsole offers proper arch control and allows you to move without aggravating your heel pain.
- The padded tongue and collar support your ankle and offers glove-like fitting.
- Motion control technology synchronizes your step with your shoe to avoid unseen impacts.
- The progressive roll bar support system improves the cushioning effect provided and helps in alleviating your plantar fasciitis.
4. Brooks Ghost 9
The shoe which provides alleviation of symptoms resulted due to plantar fasciitis is Brooks Ghost 9. It is also available for both genders. Brooks has been using the technologies in their shoes which competes with many other top brands and has succeeded in providing the best comfortable shoes which also caters many foot problems effectively.
- The upper is of synthetic and mesh which is breathable and flexible giving you the required stretchy feel.
- This shoe also offers wide toe box to accommodate wider feet or to facilitate the foot with forefoot problems.
- The Bio Mo Go DNA midsole incorporated to provide the smooth running or walking experience. It makes to shoe highly durable and allows you the comfy feeling throughout the day.
- The full-length crash pad in the footbed offers excellent shock absorption thereby preventing any injury due to impact.
- The rubber outsole with omega flex grooves provides great grip on the floor while providing increased cushioning to your foot.
5. New Balance 990V4
The shoes which go well if you want them for running or for everyday use is by New Balance. The 990V4 comes for both genders and is among hot favourite among the sufferers of plantar fasciitis due to being extremely comfortable with sore heels. The shoe is lightweight and highly breathable as compared to other designs.
- The pigskin and mesh upper make it look contemporary. The supportive leather overlays add to its durability.
- The ENCAP technology in the insole offers great comfort and stability.
- To protect the affected heel EVA core is incorporated in the heel part. You will feel no pain in your heels no matter how long you must stand, walk or run.
- The blown rubber outsole provides great traction control and provides stability to your foot.
6. ASICS Gel Kayapo 22
This shoe by ASICS has more or less features similar to the ASICS Gel Nimbus 18. The difference between two of these is only that ASICS Gel Kayano 22 is specifically made for persons having flat feet. So, if the plantar fasciitis affected person has flat feet this Gel Kayano, 22 is the best pick. Its midsole offers superior arch to the flat foot without straining their joints.
- The upper is made of special fluid fit multi-directional mesh which is appropriately stretchable and hugs your foot nicely.
- The shoe is wholly ultra-flex helping you to stride in high comfort zone even if you are severely suffering from plantar fasciitis.
- Fluid ride technology is meant to provide 20% more bounce back and offers premium comfort and high durability.
- The gel placements in rear and forefoot provide the great shock absorption and cushioning. It is the important aspect for easing the pain of plantar fasciitis.
- The guidance trustic system complements your natural gait with the smooth transition from heel to toe.
7. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17
The next best shoe for plantar fasciitis with flat feet is Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17. It is available for both genders male and female. So, anyone of you has flat feet and experiencing heel pain and have already tried many shoes but have no benefit then you must go for Adrenaline GTS 17. It provides outstanding midsole and heel support with the addition of wide toe box area. Many sufferers of plantar fasciitis are satisfied with this shoe.
- The synthetic mesh upper is made to keep airflow continuity through your feet.
- The padded tongue and collar along with lace-up pattern allow for comfy and custom adjustability.
- The mid-foot saddle is adjustable and offers a customizable fit.
- The removable insole, full-length crash pad, Bio Mo Go DNA, Progressive Diagonal Roll bar and tri-density midsole all these technologies work together to cradle your feet giving them the luxury comfort.
- Flextra rubber outsole with deeper V grooves offers high flexibility and durability. It allows smooth transitions between steps taken.
Plantar fasciitis is not a disease which cannot be treated or prevented. The commonest cause of plantar fasciitis is improperly fitted shoes in most case. You can easily prevent or manage plantar fasciitis by choosing the right shoe. The right shoe for plantar fasciitis is the one which provides:
- Optimum heel cushioning.
- Perfect arch support.
The shoes we have reviewed in our article are not just a copy paste thing. We have researched through various sources and then make a list of best picks for plantar fasciitis. We have included shoes for every type of foot anatomy so you can get the best one for your foot problem. We hope that your pick from our list of best shoes will give you definite management for plantar fasciitis.