You don’t have to be overweight to deal with the problem of cellulite. And you don’t have to be just a woman either. Cellulite appears on men plus thin and young people too. So if you’re looking for the top 5 anti-cellulite exercises, you’ve hit the jackpot.
But always remember that permanent solutions like these take a long time to show positive results. And they demand long-term work as well!
However, the greatest news here is that you CAN get rid of that cellulite. The workout discussed below doesn’t make it disappear in a single day. But the moves definitely help in toning your muscles. Along with naturally tightening the skin over time!
Photo credit: beautyhealth.tips
However, for a quick but temporary solution, have a look at the best anti-cellulite leggings reviews. You can put on one of these until you reach your fitness goal. There’s absolutely no harm or shame in that.
Top 5 Anti-Cellulite Exercises
#1 Squats with Calf Lift
I’m starting with one of the most effective exercises to lose thigh cellulite. It’s so powerful because the movement recruits more leg muscles. In comparison to doing just a normal squat! And when more muscles are employed, you end up burning more fat. And also toning those extra muscles! It’s the perfect cellulite attack if you ask me.
- Keep your feet apart, hip-width distance.
- Bend the knees for squatting down. Remember to push the butt back.
- Lower your body till the thighs become parallel to the ground. And now stay in this position for 3-5 seconds before standing up again.
- Once up, raise your heels completely. You should be standing on the balls of the feet. This is when you’ll feel your weight shift to the calf muscles.
- Then lower back down.
- You can do 15 reps of this. And about 3 sets daily.
#2 Glute Squeeze
Think of it as squeezing your cellulite off your thighs and butt.
- Lie down on a yoga mat. Bend your knees, keeping your feet hip-width apart.
- Hold the abdominal muscles tight and push the heels downward. Now it’s time to squeeze the glutes while lifting the hips to create a bridge.
- Then take two seconds to go down.
- Once down, immediately press those hips up again. While also squeezing them of course!
- 3 sets of 15 reps daily should be fine.
#3 Donkey Kicks with a Twist
No doubt this ranks as the best bun burner. If you don’t feel like your buns are on fire during and after the workout, it means you’re doing it all wrong.
- Get down on your hands and legs. Hands should be shoulder-width apart and knees hip-width apart.
- Don’t forget to keep the core engaged throughout this movement. Or any other exercise for that matter.
- Begin by extending the left leg behind and up, keep the toes pointed. Then bring forward the same leg by pushing the knee into the chest. This is when you contract the core muscles.
- Extend the same leg back out once again. Do 12-15 reps of this. Then switch to the right leg to perform another 12-15 reps. About 3 rounds are good enough.
#4 Standing Side and Back Leg Lifts
Who says you can’t do cellulite workout at home? Maybe someone who’s lazy to get moving without going to the gym!
The superb anti-cellulite force of standing leg lifts is what makes it so effective.
- Stand up; lift your left leg sideways. Do 15 reps. Then switch to the right leg.
- After that, lift your left leg once again. But this time move it back 15 times. Do the same with the right leg.
- Throughout the workout, keep your glutes and core tight. If you feel them burn, you’re only doing it right. But if your knee or back pains, perform the exercise lying down sideways.
If you want to know how to get rid of cellulite quickly, cardio is the best solution. But you’ve got to incorporate interval training. This involves changing the intensity or tempo of the activity. It’s the most persuasive way to burn your body fat and eliminate cellulite.
Here’s what I mean by interval training:
This is the best of the top 5 anti-cellulite exercises. I’ve been there, so believe me when I make such a claim.
Keep in mind that a cellulite diet and exercise go hand in hand. You should prioritize both if you want to see significant changes. And that too pretty soon!
Now I know this is easier said than done. But it’s worth every effort you make. Only when you reach your goal will you realize the importance of what I’m saying.
Exercise helps in tightening the skin and burning fat. Your lower body consists of some large muscles. That means they benefit the most from a calorie-burning workout. And working on the thighs, butt, and hips is very effective when it comes to getting rid of cellulite.
Do comment below if you have something useful to share.
About the author:
Jennifer Kessler does more than just blog about her personal experiences. She creates articles that women all around the world can find relevant. Relevancy to her is very important as it’s incredibly influential and effective. So Kessler strives to produce well-researched content in the form of solutions to the most common women-centric topics.