Dark circles refer to the discoloration of the skin under the eye. The skin around the eyes is very thin and delicate when compared to other parts of the body. Any changes that occur in the deeper layers of the skin are easily noticeable on the surface. Dark circles may not be a serious skin problem, but they will make you appear older, unhealthy and exhausted. Contrary to popular belief, dark circles affect people of different genders and age groups.
Below are factors that can increase the chances of developing dark circles:
- Sleep deprivation.
- Physical and mental stress.
- Prolonged crying.
- Hormonal changes.
- Unhealthy diet.
- Dry skin and aging.
- Spending too much time in front of a computer or smartphone.
- Heredity/genetic causes.
You do not have to visit a dermatologist to remove the frustrating dark rings. They are easy to identify and diagnose. Some chemical-based products can help to get rid of these unsightly shadows. Unfortunately, we all have different skin types. Some individuals have sensitive skins that react adversely to these chemical based products. Lucky for you, there are useful home remedies that will help alleviate dark circles naturally and for good. You will no longer have to worry about getting stuck with dark circles forever or using concealers to hide them. These remedies have highly potent ingredients that will work on the dark circles and leave your skin glowing.
If you have been unsuccessfully searching for natural home remedies on the internet, this article is for you. We have rounded up 5 of the easiest and doable remedies that will help you get rid of the annoying dark circles.
Let’s get started.
- Almond oil
To start us off is Almond oil. Almond Oil is an invaluable natural ingredient that has many benefits for the sensitive skin around your eyes. This remedy helps to restore your glowing skin by lightening dark circles. For best results, mix Almond oil + Vitamin E. If you don’t have Almond oil in your kitchen, you can easily get one from your local store.
- Before retiring to bed, apply a few drops of Almond oil topically over the dark circles. Rub gently in the affected areas for a few minutes.
- Let the oil stay on your skin throughout the night.
iii. Rinse with clean water when you wake up.
- Repeat the process regularly until the dark circles disappear.
Next on our list is cucumber. You have probably seen movie scenes where actors relax at spas with cucumbers on their eyes. It is also a common sight in beauty parlors. Cucumber is a well-known skin remedy that boasts mild-astringent and skin-lightening properties. Cucumber contains anti-oxidants like cucurbitacins, orientin and vitexin that will help treat the dark circles.
- Slice a fresh cucumber and store the slices in a fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Set two slices on top of the dark under–eye circles for around 10 minutes.
iii. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- You need to repeat the procedure daily for one week to remove the dark spots effectively.
- Raw Potato
Raw potatoes have been proven to have crucial natural bleaching agents that have lightening effects on the skin. They can additionally minimize puffiness around your eyes.
- Gently grate a few raw potatoes and extract the juice.
- Close your eyes and use a cotton ball to apply gently under the eyes.
iii. Give the juice 15 minutes to get absorbed by the skin before rinsing your face with cold water.
- For best results, repeat the process every other day.
- Rose Water
Growing up, your mother probably made you rinse your sore eyes with Rose water. Rose water is a popular name in the skincare world; it is famous for its skin rejuvenation and beauty qualities. What you probably don’t know is that Rose water is an exceptional natural remedy that removes dark circles fast and soothes tired eyes. Its gentle astringent properties make Rose water an ideal skin toner.
- Soak 2 pieces of cotton balls in the Rose water for approximately 10 minutes.
- Close your eyelids and place the soaked cotton balls on the affected areas.
iii. Wait for about 15 minutes before rinsing with clean water.
- Repeat the procedure every day for one month before you go to bed.
Tomatoes are a favorite household vegetable, so it will be easy getting a few. Apart from excelling in the cooking department, tomatoes are also an excellent remedy for removing dark circles. They have active bleaching characteristics that can lighten your skin. In addition to decreasing the dark circles, tomatoes also help make the skin smooth and vibrant.
- Extract tomato juice and lemon juice. Mix a tablespoon of tomato juice with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Stir vigorously and apply the mixture on the affected area.
iii. Leave it for a few minutes before rinsing with clean water.
- Repeat this process once or twice a day for one month.
Before you start this natural journey, you should understand that removing dark circles needs patience and discipline. If you wish to go down another route then read this http://www.dore.sg/dark-eye-circle-removal/. It could help you shed some light on what you need to do.