I love chocolate, the darker the better, and anyone who browses through my blog can see I include it in my diet as much as I can. I am a healthy eating enthusiast as well and I keep coming across articles and research results that point to green tea as a source of nutrients, with amazing antioxidant and slimming power.
I am slim and I like to stay like that, therefore I tried drinking different brands of green tea. I can’t say I love it. So I came across this place that sells certified organic green tea that you can eat. Well, not on it’s own, but you can use it in cooking delicious savory dishes and deserts. So, there I was this morning cooking a classic chocolate cake and spicing it up with edible green tea powder.
The result was perfect as always. And nobody noticed any green tea flavor to the chocolate cake either.
So, here it is my recipe for a chocolate cake and/or cupcakes with slimming, fat burning, detoxifying powers. Not bad hey, you can eat yourself slim with this:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tbsp Edible Green Tea Leaves Powdered or
- edible organic green tea leaves (ground)
- 10 ozs dark chocolate
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 and 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp cinnamon
For the Frosting: Save half a cup of the melted butter and chocolate mixture , add a cup of icing sugar and blend.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and ground edible organic green tea leaves.
- Place butter and chocolate in a sauce pan and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from heat, save 1/2 cup for the frosting, and then whisk in sugar until smooth.
- Using electric mixer, beat eggs and vanilla and gradually add in the in chocolate mixture and the sour cream.
- Add flour mixture and fold gently until all blended.
- Pour batter into lightly greased cake tin or paper or silicon cupcakes molds; slightly tap the pan on the counter to smooth top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean and cake starts to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool in pan about 15 minutes then invert cake onto wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Decorate the cake with the creamy frosting and add a few flakes of white chocolate
- Enjoy and don’t think about the calories. The green tea helps burn fat and speeds up digestion. You may also find that a glass of wine goes down very well after this cake. Cheers!