As I just finished my super delicious and scrumptious gluten free, flour free) chocolate and cocoa nibs cake I made earlier today and I’ve got nothing else more exciting to share with you at this moment, I shall share the recipe.
- 6 squares (6 ounces) coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs (6 small)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional Personal Touch : handful of cocoa nibs, roughly chopped almonds or any other nuts, handful of raisins or other dry fruit presoaked in orange or lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F
Spray a removable bottom tart pan or a springform pan with cooking spray (the pan should be at least 8 inches wide). Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and spray the paper. Dust with a spoonfull of cocoa powder.
3. Melt 6 ounces of chopped chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until chocolate and butter are melted and smooth. Sift in the cocoa gradually, add the salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with an electric mixer on hight speed for 3 minutes. Add the sugar and continue whizzing on high speed for 6 minutes (the mixture should maintain its paterns for 3 or more seconds after you stop whizzing)
With a spatula, gently and gradually fold in the chocolate mixture, pour it in the pan and sprinkle you personal touches on top. Pop it in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes of baking you should open the oven door often to check if it’s ready. It’s ready when it’s a little firm on top. If you insert a skewer in the cake and it comes out completely clean… you’ve over baked it. That’s fine…you’ll just have to make some icing for it. If you take it out of the oven at the right time (the difficult bit … just follow you instinct here) the cake will be fluffy and moist and a little gooey in places – no need for icing.
Let it cool in the pan and serve on it’s own, with you favorite icing, cream on top… Enjoy with a glass of wine! Cheers!
Not that into baking but with a sweet tooth? Click here to order delicious freshly baked deserts.