For good health, smooth skin, shiny hair, nothing beats Aloe Vera gel from a freshly cut Aloe Vera leaf.
Aloe Vera is considered to be a miracle plant and has numerous skin, health and hair benefits. It is being used as a key ingredient in foods, gels, cosmetics, dietary supplements, juices and in energy drinks, however it’s a lot cheaper and more efficient to have an Aloe Vera plant in the house and cut a fresh leaf to use it fresh when needed.
Aloe Vera is also one of the few plants that contains vitamin B12. Among the minerals found in Aloe Vera there are: calcium, magnesium, zinc, chromium, selenium, sodium, iron, potassium, copper, manganese.
The bulk of the Aloe Vera leaf is filled with a clear gel-like substance, which is approximately 99% water, however that 1% or super miraculous ingredients works wonders when applied to skin, hair and taken internally.
- It boosts the body’s natural ability to adapt to external changes, cope better with stress and resist illness.
- Aloe Vera is known to soothe and cleanse the digestive tract and help improve digestion. Aloe also helps to rid the body of intestinal worms.
- Aloe Vera alkalizes the body, helping to balance overly acidic dietary habits
The Health and Cosmetic Benefits of Applying Aloe Vera Gel Externally:
- The anti-allergic property of aloe vera is useful in the treatment of various skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and itchy skin, blisters, insect bites, sun burn and other allergic reactions
- Smooth and glowing skin can be achieved easily by rubbing aloe vera gel on the face. Aloe Vera is easily absorbed into the skin and it doesn’t need rinsing. It closes the pores, lightening the skin and helping to alleviate age spots, greasy skin, wrinkles, hyper pigmentation and other marks left by our daily life on the skin.
- Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer: it keeps the skin hydrated and increases its elasticity. It also provides oxygen to the skin which strengthens the skin tissue and keeps the skin healthy. Moreover, it moisturizes the skin without making the skin greasy so it is perfect for oily skin. Once applied, it releases natural vitamins and enzymes on the skin to produce a deep moisturizing effect that helps to treat and restore its pH balance.
- To make those dandruff flakes vanish from your scalp, mix few drops of tea tree oil with the aloe vera gel. You can add two teaspoons of rose water to this mixture for a serum consistency. With your hair brush or finger tips, cover your scalp with this serum and allow it to penetrate for 1 hour before hair wash. This works at curing dandruff and preventing it from coming back. You may also apply Aloe Vera Gel on the wet hair and scalp after wash instead of a leave in conditioner.
I recently adopted a dog from the dog shelter and as it had dry patchy skin, scratches, red areas and some skin condition on his ears that caused him to loose his hair, I thought of all the home remedies that I could use.
After doing my Aloe Vera for pets research on Internet and finding that it is highly recommendable to treat a huge range of pet health conditions I’ve cut a fresh long Aloe Vera leaf from my Aloe Vera plant and used about a cup full of the aloe gel to massage the dog all over. He loved the massage and he licked some of the aloe vera off! No worries, Aloe Vera does the pets a whole lot of good internally as well. One week into the daily Aloe Vera massage treatment and my dog looks a whole deal better and happier. My Aloe Vera Plant is down to one leaf.
Well, if you don’t have an Aloe Vera plant in your garden or in a pot in the house, you should get one or two from a local garden center, nurture it, propagate it and use it freshly cut whenever you need it.
If you feel like you can wait, why not test your green thumb and get a pack of 20 Aloe Seeds Mix – Excellent House Plants succulent 4 Greenhouse home ALOE VERA
How to extract the juice of Aloe Vera:
- Cut the leaves into 2 inches slices. Gently squeeze the gel out. This method yields runny gel (no lumps) that can be easily applied on skin, hair whether they belong to you or to your pet.
How to use Aloe Vera gel:
- If it’s still clumpy, mix it in the blender for a few seconds. After the foam settles (a few minutes, pour it into a sterilized suitable container and store it in the fridge for up to three months…alternatively use it every night as a face serum, hair gel, etc)
If you’re making your own soap from scratch, aloe vera gel can be added to the lye solution for a soap with extra moisturizing capabilities.
Use Aloe Vera gel to massage your gums (especially if there are problems) or add it to your DIY mouthwash
Add it to any home made face mask
Do you own an Aloe Vera plant? How do you use the juice/gel?